navbar

Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

** seeds: an introduction**

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant"
-Robert Louis Stevenson


It is pouring down rain right now, and exceptionally, deliciously spring-like outside. I wore sandals yesterday. It feels like the right time to introduce a new monthly segment on the blog that I'm calling:  "seeds". I feel inspired by the spring finally arriving, after what felt like an interminable winter, by my body and mind, by these quotes about seeds, by the birds and the tiny field of daffodils covering the hill across from the university. I'm easily inspired, what can I say. This segment will be devoted to newness, to motion. As a chronically ill person, I struggle with feeling like I've made no progress -- and with the fact that I often am not even sure what progress is supposed to mean. I've had to scale my goals down so far that I don't know what path I'm even on, much less if I've moved forward or backwards, or even off into a field.

Perhaps the issue, then, is thinking that everything is stagnant, and forgetting that we live in a world that is in perpetual motion. We find ourselves thinking we have made no progress because we don't know what it is we are doing. In essence, as per usual, someone other than me says what I want to say much more succinctly:
"You're frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds"
-Steve Maraboli

Yes. Yes I am. So tomorrow I'll be sharing a little bit about what seeds I'm planting, what it means to me to plant them.

1 comment:

  1. I love this sentiment...and... I'm so excited it's April because I can finally plant the seeds I've been hoarding for two months! On the flip side,I get so caught up in work and driving all over the state that I have to attempt to appreciate the slow, but constant progression of time. This I'm able to absorb via the season change. Otherwise i feel like I lose time. It's easy to feels the immorality of the ocean when time is lost.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...