navbar

Image Map

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cooking: Finding the perfect sauce

Feeling saucy
I've been working on sauces for awhile. I was hoping to perfect a bechamel sauce, going a little bit Julia Child in my attempts to find the right flour, the right amounts of everything. And then I made this sauce. And it's everything I could ever want in a bechamel sauce. Except it's not really a bechamel sauce. Or a veloute even. It's a bechoute? I used half milk and half chicken stock that I'd made myself the other day. And it's perfectly creamy without being too heavy. There is no heavy taste, it's lighter, more developed. Since it's a baby sauce, I've only used it in casseroles. But I look forward to using it on pasta, to using it as a base for soup, and whatever else I can think of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...